Sunday, September 04, 2011

Monday Memes

Mailbox Monday is hosted this month by Amused by Books and is where book bloggers gather to share what showed up in their mailboxes this week, whether those mailboxes received email or snail mail.


Snail Mail:  
The Story of Noah's Ark: Wall Clings My seven year old likes this one, for a tour October 3-7.

Via NetGalley:
Fire Bubbles and Exploding Toothpaste: More Unforgettable Experiments that Make Science Fun I'm hoping for some new tricks to try with my Girl Scouts



Amazon Freebies:
Nannie's Moon: a children's bookThrowawayThe Preacher's BrideViking Warrior (Leisure Historical Romance)Counterfeit LadyThe Privateer (Leisure Historical Romance)My Heart RemembersWhen Love ComesA Daughters Inheritance (Broadmoor Legacy, Book 1)Texas TenderSomeone Like You (Night Riders Romance)Law of Attraction: The Love SecretHope Undaunted, A (Winds of Change)
.

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  She asks what we read or reviewed this week and what we plan to read next week.
Read this Week:
I actually decided to read some of those Amazon Freebies rather than just stockpiling them.
Viking Warrior (Leisure Historical Romance)Texas Tender  These were romances, about what you'd expect looking at the covers.

An Angel for Christmas A sweet Christmas read.  Will be reviewed this month as part of Christmas in September.

 Books Read Earlier; Reviewed last week:
You'll note that the first couple of books below are Christmas books.  This week I started a link-up to which I'd like to invite all readers and book bloggers, Christmas in September.  Bloggers are invited to add links to your reviews of Christmas books, either from this year or years past (could be a good way to get more mileage out of old posts).  Readers are invited to read the linked reviews.  Prizes are available for both readers and bloggers.  Hopefully by the end of the month Christmas in September will have a long list of Christmas-themed books for all of us to try,

23 comments:

  1. I love those Amazon freebies too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a nice selection of treasures! Throwaway caught my eye.

    Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cutie Pies really looks awesome - on my way to check out your review.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Anonymous2:02 AM

    You managed lots of reviews!

    I agree, sometimes you should read the books you got that week, otherwise they'll just end up on the pile... forever!

    ReplyDelete
  5. A really nice mixed selection of books. I hope you enjoy them all.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fire Bubbles looks really interesting. I hope you enjoy your new books!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You had a great week! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Christmas in September, great idea!!!

    Love what you are reading!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Christmas already! Where has the year gone?

    Nice haul from amazon. Enjoy all those new books.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fire Bubbles looks very interesting and fun! Those Cutie Pies look delicious as well. Enjoy all your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a very full mailbox this week! I'm really curious about Fire Bubble, it looks like some fun.
    I can't believe we're at that time of the year where we start thinking of Christmas books. Time goes so fast!

    ReplyDelete
  12. yummy selections - someone last nite was looking for christmas books - i'll have to find her and send your way...
    thx for the FHC visit today '')

    ReplyDelete
  13. Fire Bubble now that one is completely new to me. Cute books and can't wait to hear what you think.

    Enjoy them all :)

    You son chose well :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. Noah's Ark is a great book for kids! Fire Bubbles looks really good. I love tricks!

    Awesome Amazon freebies!

    Here's My MM

    ReplyDelete
  15. You got all kinds of fun new reads this week! Enjoy!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Anonymous12:40 PM

    Looks like you got lots of great books last week. Happy Reading!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Sounds like a great week! I love the idea of Christmas in September :)

    ReplyDelete
  18. I got some of those freebies from Barnes & Noble. I love freebies :) So many of the books you read sound good. I usually like to save my Christmas books for when it gets closer to the season.

    ReplyDelete
  19. I had picked up Throwaway earlier in the year when it was free for the Nook, but haven't read it.

    Fire Bubbles and Exploding Toothpaste looks interesting. If it works well with your Girl Scouts, I might have to look for that to use with my nephews.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Wow a very productive week :D Thanks for dropping by!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Anonymous6:57 PM

    happy reading, Rann! hopping back :)

    ReplyDelete
  22. Enjoy those freebies. I though A Hope Undaunted was pretty good - read it last year.

    ReplyDelete
  23. Wow! What a great mixture of new reads! (I, too, am guilty of stockpiling the Amazon freebies, but I've been a good girl lately!) Great reading week, too! Enjoy! (I just finished a Debbie Macomber title, "Hannah's List")-I really like the good squishy feeling I get from her books, and I'd imagine that a cookbook from her would also contain a lot of great "comfort" foods!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats