Monday, September 12, 2011

Review: The World's Greatest Christmas Cookies

The World's Greatest Christmas Cookies: A Sweet Collection of Recipes, Tips & Decorating Ideas, and Inspiration for the Season

About the Book:
The World’s Greatest Christmas Cookies will delight cookie lovers and bakers alike, and make the Christmas season even sweeter! Featuring scrumptious cookie recipes, organized into a variety of categories including no-bakes, cutouts, and more, this big book is overflowing with great cookie decorating tips and ideas for the entire Christmas season and beyond.

My Comments:
I have told you I like to bake, right?  Luckily, this one was available for my Kindle so even though it's a NetGalley, I get to keep it.  It has recipes for drop cookies, rolled cookies, bar cookies and more.  While perhaps not including photos of every cookie, it is generously illustrated with photographs.  The cookies do not appear to be complicated to make and most of the ingredients would be found in the average kitchen of someone who bakes regularly.  The pages of the book are decorated with a Christmas motif.  In short, it is a lovely book filled with recipes for sweet treats, and since I get to keep it, I'll be doing another post soon, making one of the recipes and showing off my cute assistant baker.  Grade:  A

This book is part of Christmas in December, my link-up of reviews of Christmas-themed books.  Come join us; there are prizes for readers and for reviewers.  

1 comment:

  1. I look forward to seeing your post and seeing what recipe you chose to make. Isn't always fun to bake with an assistant baker? This sounds like a nice resource for that Christmas baking.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats