Sunday, September 18, 2011

Monday Memes

Mailbox Monday is hosted this month by Amused by Books and is where book bloggers gather to share what showed up in their mailboxes this week, whether those mailboxes received email or snail mail.


Snail Mail:  

This was a review book from The Catholic Company


A review book from Cadance


Via NetGalley:



Celebrate Christmas with heartwarming tales and reflections
 by one of today's greatest storytellers.
Be inspired by the true meaning of the season with this spectacular
 collection of Max Lucado's favorite Christmas stories and reflections.
You'll be whisked away to the heavenly battle between angels
 and demons preceding Christ's birth. Then walk in the shoes of
 Joseph as he ponders the miracle before him. Travel to a small Texas
town where a missing baby Jesus from a manger scene sets
 a modern day miracle in motion. And witness the story of Madeline,
 a prodigal girl who thinks she's lost everything until her dad gives
 everything to win her back one Christmas.
These and many more stories will lead you back to the manger-to be
 awed anew at the gift of Christ's birth.

.

It's Monday, What Are You Reading is hosted by Sheila at Book Journey.  She asks what we read or reviewed this week and what we plan to read next week.
Read this Week: 
 My Review



My Review.

 Books Read Earlier; Reviewed last week: 
You'll note that the first couple of books below are Christmas books.  They are part of a link-up to which I'd like to invite all readers and book bloggers, Christmas in September.  Bloggers are invited to add links to your reviews of Christmas books, either from this year or years past (could be a good way to get more mileage out of old posts).  Readers are invited to read the linked reviews.  Prizes are available for both readers and bloggers.  Hopefully by the end of the month Christmas in September will have a long list of Christmas-themed books for all of us to try.





Reading Now:
Other:  I joined another meme this week:  Top Ten Tuesday.  My entry this week was the Ten Best Books I've Read This Year.

13 comments:

  1. Max Lucado writes such beautiful books. The Christmas collection sounds wonderful.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the info on Christmas in September. I look forward to reading a lot of Christmas stories this year!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Why Am I Here looks really cute and the Christmas cookie one looks like one I would enjoy too!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Why Am I Here looks great. Enjoy all of your new reads.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved Next to Love...hope you do too! You have some great-looking books on your stack this week. Enjoy!

    Thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just looking at the Christmas Cookie book makes me hungry and ready for Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. The Snowman's Revenge ... even the title makes me smile! I'm definitely going to hop on the Christmas in September train. I read some great Christmas books last year! Enjoy your reading week!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I didn't really like Next to Love, I only enjoyed one character. Hope you enjoy it.

    ReplyDelete
  9. It's never too early to think about Christmas Cookies. I'll have to see what you thought of the cookbook. Enjoy all your new reads!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous11:50 AM

    Great list of reads, enjoy!

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/maillbox-monday.html

    ReplyDelete
  11. I'm reading three picture books a night with my children. That's making my list seem really long. I also got some longer books finished too. Please come see what I've read.

    ReplyDelete
  12. All the Christmas book look so good but I am in no hurry for winter, :)

    Have a great week!!

    Dollycas
    http://dollycas.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  13. Let me know when the cookies are done. I'll be right there. Great selection this week! Check out mine!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats