Saturday, September 03, 2011

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

I'd like to welcome everyone to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other.  To particpate, go to your blog and create an entry titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  In it, highlight one or more of your posts from the past week that you believe would be of interest to Catholic bloggers---whether they are posts reflecting on spiritual matters or posts about antics of Catholic kids, or anything in between.  Come back here and enter the URL of that post below.  Finally, go visit other participants, and leave comments!  If you want a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoogroup.

The main thing I want to highlight this week is my "Christmas in September" feature.  It is a link-up, kind of like Sunday Snippets, meaning there is a linky at the end of the page for other bloggers to use to link to their posts.  The posts I'm asking you to link are reviews of Christmas or Advent books.  If you have reviews of Christmas or Advent  books that you've published in past years, I invite you to link them, as well as reviews of any new books.  I'll be publishing quite a few reviews of Christmas books this month and I thought this would be a good way to interact with other bloggers.  Since book bloggers and readers of book blogs love free books, I have prizes including Joy to the World by our own Kate Basi.  If you are a blogger, you earn chances to win the prizes by linking reviews (one chance per link); if you are a reader, you can enter by leaving a comment per week about a book you found via the feature.

I also reviewed a very good book about teen pregnancy, Pregnant Pause.


10 comments:

  1. RAnn, thanks for putting this up early enough on Saturdays so I can get linked up before I go to bed. It's much easier than waiting until after Sunday Mass. Thanks for hosting this meme, too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oooo, I can't wait to read all the Advent and Christmas book reviews!

    Happy Labor Day weekend, RAnn and everyone!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This week was carousel week at The Well. We looked at carousel-themed art, music and poetry. I also wrote 2 essays about scripture--Going Deeper and Being Pruned.

    Great idea to review Advent and Christmas-themed books. I just bought my first Christmas present today.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting this every week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dittos to Barb's comment. :) I'm looking forward to seeing who gets the book!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I am pleasantly shocked to say I have written a book review.

    And also posted a small announcement.

    ReplyDelete
  7. RAnn, thank you so much for hosting!
    This is a great place to discover blogs I might otherwise have missed.
    My output this week was a bit short:
    a post about the word "misled" being pronounced "mizzled" by two separate book heroines, a post about The Litany of Loreto, and, of course,
    my weekly book list.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks for hosting, RAnn! I always enjoy seeing what others have posted here.

    Posts for me this week talk about Christian authors, the humanity of the Christian faith, whether the faith is more about being or doing, the death of my father-in-law, and classic hymns.

    Thanks also to all the readers out there!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Rather productive week for me ... besides "The unholy sacrament of abortion", I've added three posts to the "Apologetics toolbox" series (one on Sunday worship vs. the Sabbath, and two on the Immaculate Conception).

    Again, thanks so much for offering this outlet, RAnn ... and thanks for showing up over @ Outside the Asylum and The Impractical Catholic!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Anonymous10:32 AM

    Thanks for hosting, RAnn!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats