Saturday, September 17, 2011

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival

I'd like to welcome everyone to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other.  To particpate, go to your blog and create an entry titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival.  In it, highlight one or more of your posts from the past week that you believe would be of interest to Catholic bloggers---whether they are posts reflecting on spiritual matters or posts about antics of Catholic kids, or anything in between.  Come back here and enter the URL of that post below.  Finally, go visit other participants, and leave comments!  If you want a weekly reminder to post, join our yahoogroup.

This week continues Christmas in September, in which I'm promoting Christmas books.  It includes a contest, and one of the prizes is Kathleen Basi's Joy to the World..  Other than Christmas books, I blogged about the ten best books I've read this year.  For The Catholic Company I read a children's book I didn't like:  Why Am I Here.  The best book I read this week was Next to Love, which is about four women who lived through WWII and its aftermath.  I participated in Seven Quick Takes this week too.

What about your blogging week?


10 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, RAnn. This week I've got a variety of topics and a great "holy night" photo by a French photographer.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your Christmas in September series. I hope I win Kathleen's book. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. 4 posts this week, all catechetical:

    Two examples of quick custom handouts.

    A recording of a class on Isaiah.

    Reason for catechists to record their classes.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you so much for hosting, RAnn.
    This week, I share several articles
    about Fr. Frank Pavone, a childhood memory, and a rather short reading list.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Incorrect biblical translation, Canadian murderous outrage, 1969 British rock, a poem on impiety, and the difference between Protestant and Catholic understanding of the sacraments...all that and more in this week's posts.

    Thanks for hosting, RAnn!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey everyone! Thanks for hosting RAnn! This week I posted about my ministry at Seton Hall university and praying with a few of the teams, "Praying with Pirates". God bless you!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for hosting this every week!
    I'm starting a new series of reflections on what I've learned as a Catholic. First up is on suffering.

    http://day2daycatholic.blogspot.com/2011/09/things-ive-learned-as-catholic.html

    ReplyDelete
  8. Anonymous12:22 PM

    Thanks for hosting!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for posting RAnn and bringing us all together again!! You are a blessing to us all!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Many thanks for the invitation RAnn. This is a lovely idea, and I'm enjoying reading through all the other blogs!

    I've posted about a mixed bag this week: recipe ideas for the newly reinstated meat-free Fridays here in the UK, a story about an inflatable church in Russia, coverage of Paris Pro-lifers being attacked, and whether or not wearing a "hoodie" counts as practising to be a Benedictine.

    http://defende-nos-in-proelio.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats