Wednesday, July 04, 2012

Patriotic Angel Creme Trifle


Looks yummy doesn't it?  

Patriotic Angel Creme Trifle
1 Store-bought (or homemade) angel food cake (I used about half)
Strawberries (I used two of the big clamshell boxes
Blueberries (I used on box)
Cream Cheese (I used 8 oz)
Powdered Sugar (I used about 1/2 cup)
Whipping Cream (I used 8 oz)
(measurements aren't exact because you have to fill your bowl, just eyeball it)

Slice strawberries and put in the bottom of a glass bowl.  Tear angel food cake into small pieces (about a mouth full) and  layer over the strawberries.  
Whip the cream.  Add the sugar (and a little vanilla or other flavoring-maybe some liquor) and the cream cheese.  Put half the cream mixture over the cake layer and spread.  Make a circle of blueberries around the outside of the bowl, on top of the creme (so you can see the blueberries from the side of the bowl.  Fill in the circle with most of your blueberries. Slice some more strawberries, reserving the round ends (like those on top of the dessert). Arrange slices over the blueberries against the side of the bowl and fill in with more strawberries.  Cover with more cake and  remaining cream.


Use the reserved strawberries and blueberries to decorate the top of the trifle.  It should look good from both the top and the side.

Of course it should taste good too!


Enhanced by Zemanta

6 comments:

  1. Oh yummy! Did you make that? That looks so good!
    I love anything made with a lot of fruit, angel food cake and whip cream!
    Is that your daughter, she is adorable!

    What time should I be at your house? LOL

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yes, I made it and that is my eight year old assistant! Dinner is in just a few, come on by!

    ReplyDelete
  3. had a feeling I would see your 8yo asst in a pic

    ReplyDelete
  4. She loves to help in the kitchen--and to have her picture taken

    ReplyDelete
  5. YUM! Happy Fourth to you and yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yum, yum! I have to make this for my husband. I know he'll love it. The whipped cream part sounds so good to me. OK, I'll make it for myself, too :)

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats