Wednesday, May 20, 2015

Short Review: Save Me


Save Me

About the Book:
Daphne Mitchell has always believed in cause and effect, right and wrong, good and bad. The good: her dream job as a doctor; Owen, her childhood sweetheart and now husband; the beautiful farmhouse they're restoring together. In fact, most of her life has been good--until the day Owen comes home early from work to tell her he's fallen head over heels for someone else.

Unable to hate him, but also equally incapable of moving forward, Daphne's life hangs in limbo until the day Owen's new girlfriend sustains near-fatal injuries in a car accident. As Daphne becomes a pillar of support for the devastated Owen, and realizes that reconciliation may lie within her grasp, she has to find out whether forgiveness is possible and decide which path is the right one for her.

My Comments:
I read this one quite some time ago and I guess I forget to write the review at the time since it is still showing as un-reviewed and there is no review on my blog.  The main thing I remember is that I didn't like the characters and thought that their problems came about mainly because they concentrated their lives on achieving career goals, not on family. I think Kristyn Kusek Lewis is a talented writer; I just wish she'd come up with characters I like.  

I'd like to thank the publisher for making a review copy available via NetGalley.  Grade:  B-.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats