Sunday, November 25, 2007

More Fluff

I read two fluffy novels this weekend. I read Sisterchicks Do the Hula and Country Brides. Country Brides is by Debbie Macomber and is the story of two women who (gasp) fall in love and get married. One of them kind of reminded me of myself. She had a guy who wanted to marry her, but she didn't want to give up her independence. She was also suffering from a broken heart, which wasn't an issue for me, but I know my husband has told me he would have proposed long before he did except he kept getting mixed signals (probably because I was giving out mixed signals). I did like my independence, but its funny, I never really felt like I lost it when I got married. If I had to pick one best day of my life, it would be my wedding day. Most other milestone days either involved saying goodbye to something like school, or involved at least some pain, like childbirth. I didn't realize it at the time, but I didn't lose anything, I gained a great guy!

Sisterchicks is about two college roommates and longtime friends who go to Hawaii to celebrate their 40th birthday. Between the time the trio (without husbands or kids) is planned and the time it happens, one of them ends up pregnant. Anyway, the book chronicles their week in Hawaii and how they decided to embrace changes in their lives. Its a happy read but has some interesting thoughts in it.

Both are on my Bookmooch list

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats