Saturday, March 01, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post. Click here to sign up.

Our Question of the Week:  What are your plans for Lent?  I'm giving up sweets, junk food etc.  Yes, I have an ulterior motive but things have gotten real out of hand in that department and I need all the Divine help I can get to bring that part of my life into moderation.

I published four book reviews this week:  All You can Dream Buffet is about food bloggers and I'm giving away a copy.  Hunger in the Heart is Catholic fiction set in 1950's Florida.  Evening Stars is a romance and Runaway Saint is fiction that takes a look at how our image of Jesus effects our lives, or vice-versa.

6 comments:

  1. Thank you for hosting, RAnn. Blessed Lent to you also. I get so down about our nations's slide into secularism and immorality; I will be trying to hope more, pray more and believe for a new springtime of faith, a nation under God.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting, RAnn!
    I'm keeping Lent more simply than I have in the past. Instead of giving up a whole bunch of things, this year I will only be giving up
    1: chocolate in all forms
    2: sugar in my coffee and/or tea

    This year, I plan to concentrate more on the "dos" than the "don'ts", so I will be spending more time reading my Bible and praying the Rosary. I will also pray the Chaplet of Divine Mercy
    before each meal, in addition to praying it at 3:00 PM.
    I'm praying that we will all have a blessed, fruitful Lent.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, RAnn.

    I wrote about Tuesday's clash on the Temple Mount in Jerusalem while my son and I were on pilgrimage.

    For Lent, I observe the fasting and abstaining, and attend Stations of the Cross on Fridays. This year, I'm looking forward to Stations of the Cross on Good Friday at St. Peter's Episcopal Church in Freehold, NJ

    ReplyDelete
  4. The particular pessimist gripes in regards to the wind turbine; this optimist wants that to alter; as well as the realist tunes its this sails. We need to accept finite disappointment, although have to never lose incalculable anticipation.
    Top Ten Web Hosting Reviews

    ReplyDelete
  5. I always feel conflicted about the whole "why-am-I-really-doing-this?" thing when it comes to food. But you're right; no change in long-standing habit can be done without it being a cross of its own, in need of God's help to carry.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for hosting, as always, RAnn! For Lent I am going to give up a food item, but I also want to focus on being more intentional in deepening my relationship with the Lord. Not only by making time for prayer but also making a better effort to on HIM and not let myself get distracted or unfocused.

    This week I have book review: No Capes Required: A Devotional

    Wishing everyone a blessed Ash Wednesday and Lenten Season.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats