Saturday, October 18, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post. Click here to sign up.

Question of the Week:Have you ever tried the Liturgy of the Hours (Divine Office)? Why or why not, and, if so, is it something you pray regularly? 

My Answer:  Yes, I've tried it.  I even have the app on my Kindle Fire.  Do I say it regularly?  No.  Is it on my list of things to do more often?  Yes.

Only one post this week--a book review of a book that wasn't all that good.  The Mason Jar.  

5 comments:

  1. Thanks for hosting, RAnn!
    Yes, I've prayed the Liturgy Of The Hours, but I no longer have the complete set... lost when I moved. I've tried using the online version, but it didn't work... Winky kept getting in the way, and that was VERY distracting. I didn't want to stop altogether, so now I use one of the volumes I still have, and silently pray/read the Psalms and Canticles.
    Someday I'll get the one volume Christian Prayer [ironically, another book I had and lost!] and REALLY pray the LOTH once again.
    This week's posts include the latest addition to my Rosary Art Collection, a video I'm NOT letting Winky see, two posts about clubs (including a new club on Goodreads!) and, of course, my book list.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for hosting, RAnn. I regularly pray the Divine Office 1962 liturgical books. If I miss praying, I feel disconnected in a way from God.

    ReplyDelete
  3. When I married my husband, he gifted me with The Liturgy of the Hours and introduced me to it, as he often prayed it. I prefer my own words when I pray, but what I like about the Liturgy of the Hours is you are united with other people around the world praying it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Is any one else having trouble with Google Blogger? The menu to post is missing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. RAnn, thank you for hosting.
    Yes, I do pray the Liturgy of the Hours. Generally, the invitatory, Office of Readings and Night Prayer. In recent years I've been praying with the Divineoffice.org community. They add immeasureably to the pleasure in praying the hours. Their prayer, and reading of scripture in community takes me beyond myself and these four walls of mine. Heavenly on most days!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats