Monday, September 04, 2017

It's Monday: What Are You Reading


badge



I guess I'm getting back into it; this is my second week in a row joining Kathryn and the gang  and since I'm off tomorrow I can spend more time reading other people's posts and finding new reads.

This week I added seven books to my NetGalley shelf, so I guess I'll have to spend some of the time actually reading books.


I plan to review the financial books on my financial blog, where, by the way, I recently wrote about helping the victims of Hurricane Harvey.    

I've started To Be Where You Are and I'm finding it slow.  Fr. Tim has aged, along with the people of Mitford and everything just seems, well, old.  

I published two reviews this week:
Something Like Happy by [Woods, Eva]




I'd really like to know what those of you who have read The Giver and the other books in the series think about the question I asked at the end of the review.

Hope everyone has a great Labor Day and gets in some quality reading time.  

11 comments:

  1. Have fun with your books, they look sweet :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great haul. I enjoyed Amanda Prowse's book. And have a review for Eva Woods book coming up.I haven't taken on the LLM book but have read quite a few of her Mustang Creek books. Enjoy.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice mailbox. Have a good week with the reading.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I read The Giver and liked it - didn't really love it though, which is probably why I didn't continue on with the rest of the series.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had real mixed feelings about it when I read it. I didn't consider it a children's book, despite the fact that the characters were children.

      Delete
  5. I have only read The Giver. I hated the ending and didn't continue the series. I am trying to control myself at NetGalley. I have review books scheduled out until next March with a bunch of October releases. I don't need to add more unless they won't be published until 2018. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Art of Hiding is a book I've been eyeing lately, and I like the look of Son.

    Enjoy your week, and thanks for sharing. And thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I have the other books in the Giver series but haven't read them yet. Come see what I'm reading

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great blog! Thank you for sharing this. I hope you enjoy all of these books and have fun reading them. Happy reading and have a wonderful week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your header picture is perfect for late summer/early fall! I have only read The Giver, so can't answer your question either! Sad about the Jan Karon book. It may please older readers, though, hopefully! I never started them and now I don't know if I want to tackle the books from the beginning!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi,
    Great list of books. I've got the Giver series on my TBR list.
    Have a great day!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats