Saturday, October 18, 2008

Saturday Carnival of Christian Fiction

The First Wildcard folks have started a new carnival. Each week on Saturday each participant will blog about a question related to Christian fiction. We will all link back to the original post. Why don't you join in the fun?
This week's question:
Why do you read and review Christian fiction? Do you exclusively read Christian fiction or do you also read general market books?

I read Christian fiction because it is generally a light easy read that reflects my basic values, if not my specific beliefs. Here is a post I wrote some time ago about why I read.

A quick perusal of my blog will show that I read general market fiction as well as Christian fiction, and that lately I've been reviewing just about everything I read. I especially review the Christian fiction because they send me free books to review.

10 comments:

  1. Anonymous10:15 AM

    I also enjoy the light Christian fiction. There's so much of that other "stuff" in the world, it's nice to get wrapped up in a good, clean story!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree, RAnn. The free books are a big incentive!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Some people ask me do you get paid to review and I say..well money no but I get the books free, so I think if you would add up he amount of money I would pay to buy the books..I am getting paid plenty to do what I love.

    ReplyDelete
  4. RAnn I enjoyed reading why you read the Christian fiction you do. And wow...your poor son really got a handful too! I think I am with you on this one! Give me the bad ones too! I want a good story that will entertain me and draw me in and away from the day to day. :)

    Kelly

    ReplyDelete
  5. I enjoyed reading your post.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love the free books too! I read a lot of genres, but haven't gotten very many free books from Christian publishers.

    ReplyDelete
  7. The free books certainly help - buying books isn't in our budget since I quit work to stay home with our son who was a preemie. I also like to review books to keep connected with people and hear back from others! :)

    I just got my post up here: http://wendisbookcorner.blogspot.com/2008/10/saturday-christian-fiction-carnival.html

    Have a great weekend! ~ Wendi

    ReplyDelete
  8. Free books are totally great! Love them. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  9. Anonymous12:47 PM

    Thanks for submitting to this weeks Christian Book Carnival! I love the free books too, and have only realized that light fiction is legitimate reading as well as the deeper stuff ;).

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm looking for this week's answer. (NOV. 1st)

    Here's mine:

    http://bookcritiques.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats