Sunday, March 28, 2010

My Review: The Promise of Morning

Promise of Morning, The (At Home in Beldon Grove)Promise of Morning, The (At Home in Beldon Grove) is Christian historical fiction, heavy on the Christian.

About the Book:

The Promise of Morning from Ann Shorey takes readers to Beldon Grove on the Illinois frontier in the 1840s. Life isn’t easy here. For Ellie Craig, the graves of her three infant children make it unbearably lonely, despite the love of her husband Matthew. When she uncovers a family secret that suggests she may not be as alone as she thought, Ellie is determined to find the truth.

Meanwhile, Matthew Craig faces controversy in the church he pastors when a man arrives in town claiming to be both a minister and the son of the town's founder. Will Matthew find the courage to reclaim his church? Or will he return to itinerant preaching, leaving Ellie even more alone than before?

Book 2 in the At Home in Beldon Grove series, The Promise of Morning will touch your soul with themes of overcoming tragedy, finding strength to meet daunting challenges, and trusting your heart to love again.

My Comments:   As I noted earlier this book is heavy on the Christian aspect, and therefore will appeal to a limited audience.  It is a book that encourages traditional Christian virtues and one in which the bag guy gets his due, and the good folks live happily ever after.  It is definitely not high-brow literature, but it is an enjoyable story.  Grade B-

Thanks to Donna Hausler at the Baker Publishing Group for sending me a review copy of this book.

2 comments:

  1. This series looks great to me! I love Christian Historical Fiction, my favorite actually! Thanks for giving me the idea!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you for reviewing The Promise of Morning. I appreciate your comments.
    Blessings,
    Ann Shorey

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats