Thursday, July 28, 2011

More Old Churches--Two Cathedrals in One Town


The  first Cathedral we visited in New York City was the Cathedral of St. John the Divine, which is the Episcopal Cathedral.  


St. Michael the Archangel, defend us in battle...

Love those rose windows
Looking at the back of the church
 
One of many side chapels

Another side chapel--love the window

This was near the sanctuary

Pretty!
Sunday we attended mass at the Catholic Cathedral--St. Patrick's.  While I love to look at old churches, I have to say the acoustics leave something to be desired.

St.  Patrick's

Blessed John Paul II

Mother Cabrini

The Sanctuary


St. Elizabeth Ann Seton.  They don't make side altars like they used to.


Very dramatic

3 comments:

  1. Thanks for sharing; I too love old churches

    ReplyDelete
  2. Black Madonna of Częstochowa is one of my favorites.

    I took some pictures there in December, if you want to check them out. Christmas in NYC is still a very special time.

    https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.474054143591.261780.676438591&l=e2219d0cfc&type=1

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for your two posts on churches in NYC. I enjoyed the pictures. It must have been a great trip for you and the girls.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats