Friday, December 18, 2015

Book Blogger Hop: December 18-24

Book Blogger Hop




Book Blogger Hop is hosted at Ramblings of a Coffee Addicted Writer.  This week's question:

Which format do you use? Blogger, Word Press, or an independent format?
 Any reason for your choice?

When I started this blog ten years ago I had never heard of WordPress, so I used what most people I knew were using, namely, Blogger.  I've stuck with it all these years because it is free and easy.  While WordPress may have more power once you learn it, I think the learning curve (and options) on Blogger is more limited even now.  This blog is a hobby and while I know many bloggers feel WordPress is more professional, the reality is that I am not a professional blogger.  I enjoy making a few (and believe me, it is a few) dollars from this blog, I'm not under any illusion that if I only moved to a self-hosted WordPress blog, I'd get rich.  If I moved to WordPress I'd have to either drop the ads and the revenue they generate or I'd have to pay for self-hosting, which would cost more than those ads now generate.  Also, if I moved I'm sure I'd lose readers who check my blog through a feed reader and click on it periodically but who aren't invested enough in it to actually go to the trouble of changing their subscription.  

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats