Saturday, January 18, 2014

Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival


Hello, and welcome to Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. We are a group of Catholic bloggers who gather weekly to share our best posts with each other. To participate, go to your blog and create a post titled Sunday Snippets--A Catholic Carnival. In it, discuss and link to your posts for the week--whether they deal with theology, Catholic living or cute Catholic kids. I'm mostly a book blogger so my posts are generally book reviews, some Catholic, some not. Make sure that post links back here. Once you publish it, come back here and leave a link below.

We also have a yahoogroup; signing up for it will get you one weekly reminder to post. Click here to sign up.

Question of the week: This week's question is from Anthony: Did you get your "patron saint of the year"from Jen Fulweiler? If so, who was it?

My Answer: Yes, I got St.Francis de Sales. Here is the comment I left on Jen's page:

St. Francis de Sales
Feast: January 24
Patronage: Confessors; Deaf People; Educators; Journalists; Teachers; Writers
Hmmm…I need to go to confession, I have a teaching degree and serve on my parish school board and I’m a blogger…

I'm a blogger but I haven't been blogging much.  I reviewed a cookbook and a Christian romance novella. 

5 comments:

  1. I got St. Wenceslaus as a patron, but not from Jennifer's site. I'm not sure what I'm going to do with a Middle-European king-saint but I'm sure God has his reasons which will be revealed at some point and no doubt with some humor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous7:41 AM

    This year I seriously prayed about my saint and got St Jerome...which fit just fine :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for hosting, RAnn! And thanks for the reminder about choosing a patron saint for 2014. Here's is the comment I left on Jennifer's site:
    St. Bernadette. The movie, “St. Bernadette of Lourdes” will be shown on
    EWTN on February 8th, and my DVR will be set!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for hosting ... and thanks for using my question! As I mentioned before, I got St. Ambrose of Milan, a really good one for a Catholic blogger, and I'm looking forward to delving more into his writing.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for hosting, RAnn.

    The blog that I most consistently want to leave a comment at - Faith's the One, True Faith - doesn't allow comments.

    I suppose this is intentional.

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats