Monday, February 15, 2021

It's Monday What Are You Reading?

 Happy Lundi Gras!  Parades are all cancelled but this is the year of the house floats.  Instead of standing still watching floats drive by, we are driving by houses made to look like parade floats. 

The characters in the painting all represent facets of Mardi Gras

Each figure represents a marching club

Making the front entrance into a King Float 



Mardi Gras Indians in Costume (an African-American tradition)

The weather has been lousy so I've been reading.  I finished 
 



The heroine of After the Crash is the mother of a grown child--in other words, she's closer to my age than what many heroines are.  Do you ever seek books about people your age?  Do you think people like you (however you identify/define yourself) are well represented in literature?
 
I got some new NetGalleys:

This one intrigued me because it is based on an making friends/connections online.  Luckily, getting pregnant was never difficult for me.




 Not sure what made me push the request button on this one, but it looks like it could be fun.

Join the other book bloggers at Its Monday What Are You Reading and let us know how your week went.  



No book reviews last week but I have several coming up this week.  Enjoy Mardi Gras, stay warm and may you have a blessed season of Lent.  




9 comments:

  1. Driving by the houses looks like an interesting option.

    Enjoy your books. I like the look of Confessions from the Quilting Circle. Thanks for sharing...and for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. After the Crash sounds very good. I'm part of the Gen X generation, and it seems like most books I read have 30-something characters or younger, maybe? There are more characters close to my age in thrillers I read as opposed to romantic fiction.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the idea of house floats. How creative!

    Your books all look good, especially the Maisey Yates book.

    Hope you have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love the idea of house floats. True, it's not the usual thing, but it is special in its own way. Thank you of sharing the pictures!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I saw something about these house floats a while ago. Sounds like a good plan for a pandemic. Lots of creative ideas! Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. LOVE all the house floats... what a brilliant idea!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. What a neat idea decorating houses to look like floats.

    Your books sounds great. Hope you enjoy them.

    Thanks for visiting my blog today.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the house decorations! I would say now that I'm getting VERY close to age 60, I probably read more novels with main characters younger than myself than before, but I don't read as much to identify or define myself in comparison to the characters I read about as I probably used to when I was younger, so I'd rather read more about people different from me now than I did when I was younger.

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love that people decorated their houses for Mardi Gras this year. What fun it would be to drive around and see all the decorations! Thank you for sharing the pictures.

    After the Crash sounds good. And I like Maisey Yates' books. I do enjoy reading books about people my age sometimes, but it doesn't always align with where I am in my life. A lot of my daughter's friend's parents are 10 years younger than I am. Not a huge difference in the scheme of things--but it means age may not factor in as much as where I am in my life experience (children, career, etc). If that makes sense? Of course, when I come across someone my age in a similar place in life--it's pretty cool. :-)

    I hope you enjoy your new books! Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats