Thursday, July 03, 2008

Beyond the Night Review

I loved this book! It is the story of a young woman, who, in her last year of college, discovers that the family genetic illness, which causes blindness, did not pass her over. Like the other books I've gotten through First Wild Card, it is Christian fiction, and this book is the type I like to read. The main character is a Christian, and prays for healing. She also gets mad at God when the healing she wants doesn't come. In other words, she is very human. I don't like books where it is highly intimated, if not actually said that if you would just give your heart to Jesus then all your problems in this world will be solved. Sorry, that's not my experience and I don't think it is most people's experience. God takes care of the characters in this book, but the main character still ends up blind--but she is healed in another way.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats