Thursday, May 20, 2010

Mama Buzz: Grill Daddy

Grill DaddyNow that the weather is warm, using the grill is a common occurrence. Here is a new product of which I received a complimentary review sample.


The Grill Daddy (www.grilldaddy.net) is a steam powered grill-cleaning tool that sanitizes grills and eliminates the burnt on food, grease and dirt. Cleaning grills can be a difficult and time-consuming task but the alternative is far worse. Unwashed racks can house bacteria that could contaminate food and leave an unsanitary and bad taste.
Utilizing specially designed stainless-steel brushes, the Grill Daddy releases water as users brush, hitting the grill and turning to steam while rinsing away unsanitary debris.
Other features:
·         Steam-powered
·         No rancid greasy residue builds up on the brush (liquefies and melts it away)
·         Safe for porcelain, steel and iron grills (hot or cold)
·         Ergonomic handle keeps hands away from heat and provides maximum leverage

So, what are my thoughts?  Well, first of all, my TV watching six year old had never heard of it.  I'm not sure what that means, but I thought I'd throw that in.


                                      

This is my grill "before".  We've always espoused the "burn it off" school of grill cleaning.  Grill Daddy starts with that technique as it advises pre-heating the grill for 10 minutes before using the product.  

After my grill pre-heated for 10 minutes I filled the Grill Daddy and headed outside.  The valve was switched to "on" and it dribbled water on the floor--user error, not a product problem.

I then visually divided the grill in half and proceed to clean half of it with the water valve "on" and half with it "off".  Honestly, I saw no difference.  The water sputtered and steamed a little on contact, but I can't say that it made any difference in the final appearance of the grill or in the ease of cleaning.  Ergonomically, the Grill Daddy was comfortable to hold and it did get the grill clean.

                                    

Can you tell on which side I used the water?
Grill Daddy

  The brushes are removable for cleaning (but you need to use a screwdriver) and after I used mine, it still looked clean.  


The Grill Daddy is available on their website for $19.95 plus shipping.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats