Monday, August 15, 2011

A Marriage Carol: My Review

A Marriage Carol

If the title of the book makes you think of the Dickens classic A Christmas Carol, well, it's intentional.  In this sweet if somewhat corny novella, the heroine, Marlee Ebenezer and her husband Jacob are spending Christmas Eve (which happens to be their wedding anniversary) going to see a divorce lawyer.  Something happens along the way and Marlee sees Christmas past, present and future and decides.....I guess I really don't need to spell it out do I?  

The book was a quick easy read that isn't at all subtle in its presentation of the idea that you are generally better off working for the marriage you have than seeking love outside it, and that the best way to change your marriage is to change the only one you really can control--yourself.  

I wouldn't say it is a bad book; and maybe for the right person at the right time, it could be the spark they need to start moving in the right direction.  For me, it was somewhere between sweet and corny.  Grade:  C+

I'd like to thank the publisher for making a review copy available via NetGalley.

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats