Friday, July 31, 2015

Seven Quick Takes

seven quick takes friday 2

Hello, and welcome to This That and the Other Thing.  Here are my Seven Quick Takes this week:





1.  We took a family vacation to Gulf Shores, AL this week.  Someone with whom I work has a house that he allows people to use.  It is fully furnished and even had toys like crab nets and crab traps.  It was on a bayou so we got some chicken necks and tried out hands at crabbing.  While we didn't get a meal's worth, we did get enough to make it worth boiling them.



2.  Gulf Shores means beach and we love the water.  Unfortunately one day my youngest got stung by a jellyfish.  Nevertheless we headed back the next day and there were no jellyfish then.

Used with Permission

3.  My youngest and I are going to New Iberia and Lafayette with the Girl Scouts tomorrow.  The Tabasco factory is one place we will be visiting.

4.  My son wants to go to Blue Bayou, a local water park.  My youngest and I will go there on our GS trip and my older daughter and husband do not want to go.  Honestly, neither dor  I but I figure he deserves to get to do something he wants to do on vacation, so he and I are going to Baton Rouge to Blue Bayou this afternoon.  Hopefully, the lines won't be awful and he can do what he wants to do and we can come home.

5.  One more full week of vacation and then a week with two half days of school.  I hate half days.

6.  Do you like to cook?  I'm participating in a giveaway that offers lots of goodies for a cook.  You can enter too.

7.  Have you ever had a large number of hits on a post and couldn't figure out where they came from?  My review of APerfect Son has 384 hits, which for me is a lot yet my stats don't give me any clue why this post is so popular.  There is no big incoming link, no popular search term, it is just there and the numbers get better every day.  I guess I just need to smile and enjoy it.

Have a great week!

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats