Monday, March 22, 2021

It's Monday, What Are You Reading

 


New Books

Happy Monday to all the book bloggers over at Book Date. I haven't gotten much reading done this week, but I've been busy requesting NetGalleys, and I've gotten:


A Woman of Words is about Jesus' mother Mary and Matthew the tax collector/evangelist. I haven't started it.

I don't remember requesting this one, much less why.  Guess I'll give it a try.  


Love this cover


This is about an eleven year old African-American girl in a town about an hour from here. I'm enjoying it, including seeing the other side of town as it appears to those who live there


I'm not quite sure about the premise of operating a bookstore while on vacation, but the cover sure is pretty


I'm afraid this didn't do anything for me.

Book Reviews:





In January I wrote about my Bible "reading" plans for the year--I listen to two podcasts, one of which is reading through the Bible in a Year, and the other which is taking the Book of Matthew one passage at a time.  Now that we are almost 1/3 of the way through the year, I want to take a minute to recommend both podcasts.  

Have a great reading week. 
















3 comments:

  1. Interesting assortment of books. I hope you enjoy all your finds. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You sure have been busy on NG, yes I love the cover too of the bookstore book. Hope its fun reading.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such a great variety of books for you! Forever this Summer sounds good.

    And there really is a bookstore in Scotland (? I think) where you rent the Airbnb type place and with it, you run the bookstore while you stay there! Sounds like fun :)

    Enjoy your books this week -

    Sue

    Book By Book

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats