Sunday, June 27, 2021

It's Monday: What Are You Reading?

 

 I'm linking up with Kathryn and the gang over at Book Date. where we share what we've been reading and talk about life in general.


I celebrated one of those milestone birthdays on Friday so I took the day off.  It gave me the chance to get some reading done.  The weekend in general was pretty low-key as it has rained on and off so it makes it hard to get motivated to go anywhere.  I enjoyed watching the gymnastics Olympic trials.  We are thinking about a beach weekend in the not too distant future.  

I've grabbed a bunch of NetGalleys this week. 








I actually started most of them.  Sleigh Bells was about what I expected.  Keep Me Warm at Christmas wasn't my favorite, but I think most Silver Springs fans will like it.  Pray for Us and Introduction to the Spiritual Life are both easy reads but I'm taking my time with them.  

I have two reviews this week:






Hope everyone has a great week!










9 comments:

  1. Happy birthday! How wonderful that you could spend it reading!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Enjoyed reading your review on The House Guests by E Richards. Nice way to celebrate your birthday.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Happy Birthday! A couple of your books are on my review list as well. Not for a while though.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy birthday! I hope you had a good one.

    I am eyeing The House Guests. Enjoy your week, and thanks for visiting my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy birthday! I've been seeing The House Guests mentioned on lots of blogs lately. Come see my week here. Happy reading!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Birthday! I really enjoyed The House Guests. All of your books look good. Have a great week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love seeing the books you picked up last week. Introduction to the Spiritual Life and Pray for Us both sound like books I'd love to read. Thanks for sharing them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Happy belated birthday! It looks like you started "Christmas in July" early! I hope you have a great week of reading...

    ReplyDelete
  9. Happy Birthday last week!! Hope you enjoyed your day off :) And a beach getaway sounds lovely. We are unable to travel, due to my father-in-law's daily needs (he's 96). We're searching for the right Assisted Living for him now (he really needs more help), so we're hoping we can maybe take a small trip this fall once he's settled somewhere new.

    Glad you enjoyed some good books last week - hope you're enjoying more of them this week!

    Sue

    2021 Big Book Summer Challenge

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats