Monday, October 12, 2009

Fluff and More Fluff


Yesterday it was raining, so I needed someplace indoors, preferably someplace frequented by other children, to which to take my youngest. Also, my other daughter had a school report on which she needed to start. The library was the perfect place to take both of them. While there I grabbed a short romance by Debbie Macomber, The Matchmakers (Famous Firsts) which was about how two kids turned a near-miss on the road into new stepparents for themselves. He was a handsome ex-NFL player who usually dated blonds whose "brains leak out" when they open their mouths. He'd been burned by his ex and didn't want to marry again. She's the widow of a firefighter who died in the line of duty. Her son thinks it is time she found him a new dad. Guess how the story ends?

I was still feeling fluffy when I got home and there was another Debbie Macomber book in my Bookmooch stack. Since I don't have any deadlines I'm worried about meeting, I decided to fluff some more. This Matter Of Marriage (MIRA) is just a basic romance. She is 30, a career woman and has decided that her goal this year is marriage (with baby to follow). He is recently divorced and the father of two, and her new next door neighbor. He is also still in love with his ex-wife. I check the end of the book, and sure enough, I predicted the ending. Heck, I even have a feeling I read this once before, but who knows. A lot of Macomber's romances start reading alike after a while, but they are fun mind candy.

If you click on the names of the books above, the links will take you to Amazon.com, where, if you buy, I get a small commission. I wonder if that's enough to keep the disclosure police happy?

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats