Sunday, February 14, 2010

Women's Week: What, and Why?

The Cougar Club: A NovelThe Cougar Club: A Novel

If you read this blog regularly, you know that I wrote a less than flattering review of this book.  I read somewhere though that one indication of the success of a book was how much it made you think about your life and your world.  All too often our society worships youth, especially in women, and in this book the main characters are fighting the loss of their youth.  We honor money, good jobs, and beauty.  The Women's Movement is a movement of my youth (and Gail Collins' When Everything Changed: The Amazing Journey of American Women from 1960 to the Present is a great book about it--you can read my review here) told us we could have it all--and should grab it all.

I like blog posts that generate discussion and like I said The Cougar Club: A Novel got me thinking about women in today's society so I decided to run this series.  Come back tomorrow and read what I have to say. Leave me a substantive comment and I'll give you an entry into the contest for an autographed copy of The Cougar Club: A Novel

No comments:

Post a Comment


View My Stats