Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Book Review: Passegggiata--Strolling Through Italy


One of my dreams is to one day go to Italy and spend lots of time there. That is a dream that is lived by G.G. Husak, the author of Passeggiata. She and her husband took their first trip to Italy to visit a daughter who was studying in Florence. On that trip they managed to visit parts of Florence, Venice and Rome. The next year they decided to return, and to see Milan, but at a much slower pace. They continued to return to Italy regularly and saw not only the big sights that all tourists in a town see, but also the small out of the way things, or even just the Italian people themselves. Written in the first person, this book chronicles their travels talking about the sights the see, their hotels and the good food they ate. If you are into a style of travel far different from "It's Tuesday, it must be Rome", this book can help you plan your dream trip. I only wish that Husak had included some photos of her trips. There are so many places that she decscribed with which I was not familiar, I started to get lost, and it would have been fun to look at some pictures with each section.

I'd like to thank G.G. Husak for sending me this book, via Bostik. Check out her website for help planning your trip.

1 comment:

  1. I have always been fascinated by Italy and would love to visit that country someday! Thank you for the review. This sounds like a fun book that I would enjoy reading!

    Cindy

    ReplyDelete


View My Stats